iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $152 billion in global client assets invested in 1,223 funds, as of January 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Tax Compliance Assistant Vice President to join to Fund Finance Central Services team. This position will service hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles (the “funds”) in conjunction with third-party administrators and tax preparers to ensure timely tax reporting and communication, as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the processes.
- Coordinate and oversee the fund federal and state tax compliance, as well as Schedule K-1 and tax estimate reporting.
- Reconcile and review investor demographics necessary for K-1 preparation and resolve source data discrepancies with third parties.
- Monitor various internal and external calendars for different stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, and client relationship managers, and adhere to client service expectations.
- Manage the collection and distribution of tax information from underlying funds.
- Coordinate multiple third-party tax preparers and administrators in the review of the fund investment tax returns and preparation of K-1s.
- Review tax allocations along with tax forms: 1065, 1120/1120-F, 1042/8804, 8821, 8865/5471, 8621, 1099s, and foreign and state withholding calculations.
- Coordinate payments due to taxing authorities with accounts payable team.
- Respond to federal and state tax notices for the funds and coordinate any payment requests.
- Monitor and perform to service level expectations and escalate to keep processes on time.
- Manage client and investor inquiries tax matters.
- Document and maintain procedures, workflows, and metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Participate in industry regulatory and tax forums.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years tax experience
- CPA or master’s degree in Tax is a plus
- Understand investment partnership taxation
- Strong Excel skills
- Comfortable learning new systems and technology
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture
- Passionate about being a part of our iCapital team and representing our company with integrity, dignity, and pride
The base salary range for this role is $100,00 to $135,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.