Founded in 2013, iCapital is the leading global fintech company powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. iCapital has transformed how the wealth management, banking, and asset management industries facilitate access to private markets investments for their clients. As of January 31, 2023, iCapital services over $150 billion in global client assets, of which $30 billion are from international investors (non-US investors) across more than 1,200 funds. Employing more than 1,060 people globally, iCapital is headquartered in NYC and has offices worldwide, including in Zurich, London, Lisbon, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Toronto.
iCapital has been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50 list each year from 2018 to 2022, and MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards as Solutions Provider of the Year in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
About the Role
iCapital’s rapid international expansion creates an opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment. The Accountant Private Equity Fund Specialist role will initially use technology to create a cash reconciliation process across 200 legal entities and their bank accounts. There will also be an investor compliance component for cash movement from the end investor. This role will support multiple teams based in the US with significant growth opportunity as our team in Portugal continues to grow.
- Create and/or enhance the process by which quarterly financial statement packages for private equity feeder and multi-manager funds are reviewed for accuracy. This process will include reconciling the cash position, reconciling the investment balance, the commitment balance, the accrued expenses, and payable and receivables. Management fees and capital events will also be included in the detailed review of the financial statement packages.
- The Portugal Fund Finance Team will work in close partnership with the Fund Accounting/Finance teams based in the US to enhance and automate key operational processes, and to develop and enhance product, management, and other reporting, targeting both efficiency and scale.
- 4+ years of Accounting and Operations experience, with a focus on Private Equity Fund Administration. Feeder and multimanager fund experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another business-related field; Chartered Accountant, CPA or other accounting designation is a plus
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion for the application of innovative technology
- Understanding of financial product management processes is a plus
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a collaborative team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment with a global management structure
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills with proficiency in reconciliation of large volumes of data
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting
of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with
100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and generous paid time off (PTO).
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapital.com
Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc