iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $113 billion in global client assets invested in 942 funds, as of January 2022.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
The Frontend Engineer at iCapital Network will work end-to-end on new features, enhancements, and defect resolution on one or more of iCapital's software platforms. You will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts. You will be working with Ruby on Rails for back end and React for front end.
At iCapital, we value expertise in other programming languages and business areas. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, we are looking for driven team members with technical depth and a desire to deliver end products for our clients. If you are not already familiar with the technologies used at iCapital, you will have the opportunity to pick up these new tools and technologies while on the job—with support from management and mentors.
- Frontend development in React and Redux
- Unit and integration test development using RSpec, Cucumber, and Capybara
- Active participation in daily stand up meetings
- Active participation in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 10+ years of Full Stack, web-based application development
- 10+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails. Python/Elixir would be a good substitute if less expertise on Ruby
- 10+ years of HTML / CSS development
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Passion for actively learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
- Fluency in English and Portuguese required — written and verbal
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and generous paid time off (PTO).
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc