Technical Product Manager, Data Science - Associate
iCapital Network is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
This is a Technical Product Manager role within the Data & Analytics team. You will drive adoption of iCapital’s firmwide data science platform. Your typical day will be gathering requirements, designing solutions, testing code, and executing the rollout of new features to users. You will be working across a variety of department; Product Management, Business Development, DataOps, Data Development, and other cross functional product and business teams. You will report to the Vice President of Data Analytics.
- Implement Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques in a corporate or research environment.
- Proven integration experience and foundational knowledge in how systems efficiently communicate.
- Perform root cause and impact analysis to investigate data issues and make recommendations for potential solutions.
- Algorithm and Statistical modeling
- 3+ years of experience building technical solutions
- SQL proficiency and basic understanding of database structures
- Python or R experience considered a plus
- Fundamental understanding of data management
- Strong Prioritization and project management skills, including timely and proactive communication of timelines, status, issue partner concerns
- Enjoyment in presenting solutions to clients and partners
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple language
- Experience with algorithm and statistical modeling
- Intellectual curiosity - asks the why to help get to the best solution vs. just doing
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, and an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling; and generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time and parental leave.
As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our Greenwich, CT office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.