We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for leading our Finance Team and ensuring the financial health of the company. You will work closely with our Executive Team to develop and implement financial strategies to support our mission and growth objectives. You will also be responsible for overseeing all financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and risk management. This role reports directly to the Chief Business Officer.
- Develop and execute financial strategies to support the company's mission and growth objectives
- Lead the finance team in all financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and risk management
- Analyze financial data and provide insights to the executive team to support decision-making
- Develop and maintain financial models to evaluate the financial impact of business decisions
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and standards
- Manage relationships with financial partners, such as banks and investors
- Manage cash flow and ensure adequate funding for the company's operations and growth
- Lead the annual audit and tax reporting process
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in finance, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience managing financial operations in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of financial regulations and standards
- Experience managing relationships with financial partners, such as banks and investors
- CPA or CFA certification
- Experience in the energy, manufacturing, or technology industries
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $175k-$250k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.