We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
Helion is hiring an Operations Engineer to oversee design, implementation, and improvement of operations processes. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with multiple teams across supply chain, production, engineering, test, and people operations. You will lay the groundwork for Helion’s transition to mass-manufacturing. You will report directly to the Director of Operations at our Everett, WA site.
- Define new business processes to ramp production, including scheduling, planning, sourcing, manufacturing, inventory, logistics, configuration management, material traceability, process control, and nonconformance resolution
- Develop system requirements and provide recommendations for system implementation
- Implement systems including working with suppliers; train partners on new systems
- Create metrics to provide insight into Helion Operations to improve decisions and improve
- Be a subject matter expert in multiple Helion operations processes
- Coordinate work with internal Helion teams and external vendors
- Assist Engineering and Operations leadership team identify opportunities for optimizing throughput and improving quality while reducing operational expenses
- Collaborate across Helion teams, including Engineering, Production, Test, Materials Management, Quality, and Supply Chain to ensure consistency across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of technical work experience in manufacturing or industrial project management using ERP software
The pay range for this position is $95-170k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.