We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
We are a high-tech company looking for a technician to join our team. You will support the Senior Technician in the assembly, installation, and maintenance of complex electrical systems and hardware. You have basic skills working with electrical systems, hardware, assembly, and basic machining. You will report directly to our Fusion R&D Engineer.
- Assist the Senior Technician in the assembly, installation, and maintenance of complex electrical systems and hardware
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with electrical systems and hardware
- Perform basic machining tasks to fabricate parts
- Ensure all work is performed safely while following company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, materials used, and time spent on each task
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, hardware, assembly, and basic machining
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings, schematics, and manuals
- 1+ years of experience following detailed procedures with high accuracy and working as part of team while still building on individual projects
- Associates degree in electrical or mechanical technology, or related experience
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $25/hr - $41/hr. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.