We are building something never done before.
You have an exciting opportunity ahead of you. This is your chance to join us in our mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with clean, reliable, and abundant energy for everyone. It’s our hope you will join us in the journey ahead.
Our mission is courageous, and we’re looking for brilliant people who want to make a positive impact on the world. As a Helion team member, you will shape the future. You will build things that have never been built to help stop carbon emissions, promote energy independence, and end energy poverty.
We move fast, prioritize what matters, and iterate quickly so we can accelerate everything we do. At Helion, we grow and learn together while working with never-before-seen technology. As part of the team, you will work with the world’s leading scientists, engineers, and technicians to build a world-changing fusion machine.
Now is a great time to join Helion. Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean energy from fusion a reality.
What You Will Be Doing
The Testing Team is focused on supporting the operation of fusion systems. The Fusion Test Technician Lead will support this effort directly and support the scientific and engineering development projects that are required for the company to meet its goals. This individual will uphold and create technical standards and safety protocols as well as coordinate day-to-day operations of the team to bring clean energy to the world.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the test team technicians and provide mentorship as needed to improve standards, best practices, and techniques
- Independently install test equipment and subsequent systems, including high voltage power supplies, charging systems, pulse power capacitors
- Drive the creation of first article components and subassemblies, adapting initial thoughts and systems requirements into functional hardware
- Troubleshoot, test, inspect, repair, and service vacuum systems, pulse power systems and plasma systems
- Be responsible for preventative maintenance on lab and test equipment
- Experienced in managing multiple projects parallel to day-to-day tasks
- Experience with electrical system design, build, and assembly
- Experience coordinating with a network of contacts both within and outside of the individual team
- Experience using existing principles to guide new applications and builds
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Prior experience in a research, fabrication, or testing lab
- Hands-on experience with electromechanical tools, hand tools, and light fabrication tools (i.e. drills, saws, mills, lathes, drill press, sanders, etc.)
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Hands on vacuum system work
- Orbital tube welding
- General contract work
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $81k - $110k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. Our vision is a world with clean, reliable, and affordable electricity for everyone. Currently, we are scaling up our latest plasma accelerator prototype to make our vision a reality.
We’re hiring brilliant scientists, engineers, and builders passionate about developing world-changing technologies. If that sounds like you, join our team.
Who We Are
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers, and we are on a mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. We believe fusion energy can truly change the world. It will solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Ultimately, we are striving to make the world a better place for everyone.
Our Core Values
We live by a set of five core values that guide everything we do. We challenge one another to uphold these values to create a mission-driven and values-oriented culture:
Get things done - Build stuff that works - Be extraordinary - Have courage - Character
Click here to learn more about life at Helion.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) for all employees
- 13 Holidays
- 10 days of Sick Time
- 3% employer 401K contribution matching
- Generous share options scheme
- Parental Leave
- Free snacks and soft drinks
- Monthly sponsored lunches with the organization
- Monthly sponsored events with your team
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short/Long Term Disability
Helion is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer:
NOTE: Women and minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they fit the description in totality. We believe in hiring individuals. If you do not check all of the boxes, we still encourage you to apply. If this job isn't a fit, we have many other openings that may be one.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This position is subject to a background check related to its duties and responsibilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations or request more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that we require all visitors to be up to date on their COVID vaccination or wear a mask for the duration of their stay.**