We are building something never done before.
You have an exciting opportunity ahead of you. This is your chance to join us in our mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with clean, reliable, and abundant energy for everyone. It’s our hope you will join us in the journey ahead.
Our mission is courageous, and we’re looking for brilliant people who want to make a positive impact on the world. As a Helion team member, you will shape the future. You will build things that have never been built to help stop carbon emissions, promote energy independence, and end energy poverty.
We move fast, prioritize what matters, and iterate quickly so we can accelerate everything we do. At Helion, we grow and learn together while working with never-before-seen technology. As part of the team, you will work with the world’s leading scientists, engineers, and technicians to build a world-changing fusion machine.
Now is a great time to join Helion. Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean energy from fusion a reality.
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking to bring the most powerful, controlled pulsed-fusion device ever constructed online with the goal of generating electrical power. We know this hasn’t been done before, so we are looking for individuals who have translatable experience that can help us accomplish our goals.
- Control pulsed power, high-energy systems, including mega-joule capacitor systems, while building and exceeding safety standards
- Work with large scale vacuum systems, including vacuum cycling quartz vacuum chambers that are 1+ meters in diameter, and handle modifications
- Understand plasma physics, including how to create FRC’s and how to design, build, and interpret magnetic, fusion product, and plasma diagnostics
- Control systems, including LabView-based control systems and PXIe-NI chassis-based systems, and solve data collection problems in a fast-pulse EMI environment
- Contribute to the development of technology and knowledge of how to optimally design, build, and measure FRC fusion devices while working to lead advancements in plasma ionization techniques
Postgraduate degree or 4+ years of experience in one of the following fields:
- Pulse Power Electronics- high-voltage capacitor/power supply experience
- Experience building, fixing, and modifying high vacuum chamber systems
- Experience working with and around plasmas (includes high temperature plasmas or electric propulsion)
- Large-scale experiment or testing experience on: pinch devices, accelerators, stellarators, tokomaks, power plant operations, and/or rocket launches
- Technical writing
- Safety system development
- Creation of structural testing processes
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $99k - 165k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. Our vision is a world with clean, reliable, and affordable electricity for everyone. Currently, we are scaling up our latest plasma accelerator prototype to make our vision a reality.
We’re hiring brilliant scientists, engineers, and builders passionate about developing world-changing technologies. If that sounds like you, join our team.
Who We Are
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers, and we are on a mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. We believe fusion energy can truly change the world. It will solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Ultimately, we are striving to make the world a better place for everyone.
Our Core Values
We live by a set of five core values that guide everything we do. We challenge one another to uphold these values to create a mission-driven and values-oriented culture:
Get things done - Build stuff that works - Be extraordinary - Have courage - Character
Click here to learn more about life at Helion.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) for all employees
- 13 Holidays
- 10 days of Sick Time
- 3% employer 401K contribution matching
- Generous share options scheme
- Parental Leave
- Free snacks and soft drinks
- Monthly sponsored lunches with the organization
- Monthly sponsored events with your team
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short/Long Term Disability
Helion is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer:
NOTE: Women and minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they fit the description in totality. We believe in hiring individuals. If you do not check all of the boxes, we still encourage you to apply. If this job isn't a fit, we have many other openings that may be one.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This position is subject to a background check related to its duties and responsibilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations or request more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that we require all visitors to be up to date on their COVID vaccination or wear a mask for the duration of their stay.**