Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Staff Backend Software Engineer to join our Tagus Team in Portugal!
At the Tagus team, we build the heart of the Gympass business model. Our mission is to help Gympass build a truly scalable platform to support dozens of millions of active users, clients, and partners around the world with high availability while being flexible and extensible to incorporate new business models.
We have many important challenges such as building a system that gives us the flexibility to have different commercial conditions for different users in different contexts. Also, we are responsible for some critical and important flows within our business model, such as clients' and users' subscriptions as well as providing data to the ecosystem as the source of truth of these entities.
When it comes to technical challenges, our team works to provide highly scalable solutions, handling large volumes of data and focusing on high availability. Considering our services central role, you’re going to have the opportunity to help drive architecture decisions that impact our whole microservices ecosystem and you will have opportunities to develop both leadership and technical skills, depending on your career aspiration and abilities.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Build Integration among services and tools;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
- Live the mission: inspire and empower others by genuinely caring for your own wellbeing and your colleagues. Bring wellbeing to the forefront of work, and create a supportive environment where everyone feels comfortable taking care of themselves, taking time off, and finding work-life balance.
WHO YOU ARE
- You're an experienced backend engineer skilled in architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications with high availability and scalability.
- You're skilled in one or more programming languages, such as Go, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python, etc., with an in-depth knowledge of Golang being a valuable plus.
- You have extensive experience in designing and developing complex modern web applications.
- You have prior work experience with cloud-based architectures, specifically AWS and GCP.
- You have experience in developing RESTful web services, working closely with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads, and follow HTTP best practices.
- You have experience applying computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- You have an extensive background in working with SQL/NoSQL technologies, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and DynamoDB, and possess a deep understanding of their everyday use cases and performance pitfalls.
- You have exceptional communication skills that enable you to work effectively with diverse teams located across different countries.
- You advanced English skills and can clearly articulate ideas when speaking to groups in English.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
We recognize that individuals approach job applications differently. We strongly encourage all aspiring applicants to go for it, even if they don't match the job description 100%. We welcome your application and will be delighted to explore if you could be a great fit for our team. For this specific role, please note that prior experience in large-scale multi-tier web applications with high availability and scalability are mandatory requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
+ Our offices are in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the UK. You can work from any office or remotely based in any of these countries.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.