At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
You’ll be leading a team of technical program managers in Guangzhou, China who are directly responsible for the successful execution of programs post-sale. When a program is found to be off-track, you’ll be expected to provide input into the corrective action for recovery. On a daily basis, you’ll interact with the Sales Team to provide input into future program opportunities to ensure all necessary requirements are gathered pre-sale.
WIIFU (What’s in it for you?)
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars, surgical robots, smart home devices)... today.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
In this role, you’ll be using your engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge and management experience, to develop and implement effective and scalable processes to ensure we’re executing programs within scope, on time, in full, while maintaining customer satisfaction. You will also be working cross functionally to lead the development of robust processes which ensure the successful execution of new service offerings that Fictiv launches to the public.
Impact in this Role
Your role as the Head of Program Management will be to manage and to grow the Program Management function at Fictiv in order to ensure that we’re continually delivering custom-fabricated parts and assemblies that meet/exceed our customers’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You will report to the Director, Program Management of Fictiv.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Program Management System Definition & Maintenance - Define, plan, and oversee the development & adoption of the necessary program management systems for current and future service offerings. Work to improve our organization's efficiency and profitability by reducing waste
- Team Management - Manage activities and set priorities and expectations for an international team at the China office. Build systems and processes for onboarding, evaluation and career progression of Technical Program Managers
- Opportunity Evaluation - Lead the review of program-level sales opportunities with the cross functional team to ensure all of the necessary requirements are gathered before program kick-off, and align expectations between our customers, internal teams, and manufacturing partners
- Staffing - Forecast for personnel needs based on the business’ projected demand. Source, interview, and hire technical program managers in line with the demands of the business
- MP Visits - Represent the manufacturing team of Fictiv during on-site visits of manufacturing partners, clearly and professionally communicating the mission and value proposition of Fictiv
- Customer Visits - Represent the manufacturing team of Fictiv during on-site visits of high profile customers, clearly and professionally communicating the mission and value proposition of Fictiv
- Continuous Improvement – Identify areas of improvement and drive those improvements to the responsibilities listed above
- You are a team-oriented leader and a motivator
- You are a system-level thinker with a penchant for defining process
- You are results-oriented, motivated by flawless program execution & customer satisfaction
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- You have a history of data-based decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- You are agile - can move from operational to tactical and back quickly
- Minimum 8 years of experience in technical program management
- Experience in direct report team management with a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous experience managing a geographically diverse team
- Experience in defining process and systems to successfully execute programs
- Previous experience in managing the launch of a hardware product from concept to mass production
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering (M.S. Preferred)
- Program Management certification preferred
- Background in working with minimum of four of the following manufacturing processes:
- 3D Printing
- CNC Machining
- Urethane Casting
- Sheet Metal
- Injection Molding
- Laser Cutting
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.