At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
We are looking for an IT Technical Lead to help support the needs of our team by driving an outstanding experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. This role is critical as the team grows with an increased need for focus on employee experience, efficiency, and quality delivery.
Our ideal candidate is empathetic and approachable, passionate about delivering an amazing employee experience, is a team player, and has experience in both operational and strategic work. In this role, forging supportive and productive relationships with all team members is essential, including those in remote offices and locations.
To unlock your creativity, think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
At Fictiv, you will be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential. You will be surrounded by passionate and driven peers. You will also be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
The role reports to the Director of Business Operations and Systems Strategy that develops and implements strategic initiatives for Fictiv by removing inefficiencies and improving productivity.
The IT Technical Lead will provide technical support and ensure the entire organization runs smoothly. IT Technical Lead monitors and manages the company office computer systems, networks, installs software, configures hardware, and solves technical problems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provisioning, configuring, maintaining LAN and Wifi networks and supporting connections to WAN locations using encrypted connections over VPC
- Implement and manage the Okta SSO management system for cloud application authentication
- Monitor offshore facility network connection speeds and implement solutions that meet optimal benchmark standards
- Provisioning, configuring, support for all office computers, printers, scanners, audio-visual hardware and managing mobile end-points with MDM
- Implement security policies associated within the network infrastructure, including Security scanning, data backup of user systems, and Antivirus policies
- Provide helpdesk support to end users ranging from normal technology application issues, hardware failures, network troubleshooting and peripheral replacement
- Managing the repair, decommissioning and inventory of equipment and roll-out of patches for licensed software as necessary
- Creating, tracking and decommissioning of new user accounts in common business systems, including but not limited to G-Suite,
- Slack, Jira, Asana and other SaaS applications
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures
- Develop, release and maintain required training and technical documentation including, but not limited to, IT infrastructure, policies, and procedures in accordance with SOC2 enterprise security compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills who can lead large projects autonomously.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity who is empathetic to the needs of individuals across the organization
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, asking questions, and adept at shifting priorities.
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Strong in documenting business processes and communicating system requirements.
- Ability to recommend actionable insights from projects.
- Ability to conduct interviews and perform analysis to create business cases for projects
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience acting as an Information Technology Manager, Supervisor or Lead with relevant similar experience.
- Experience with implementing infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server/web related applications).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement IT services and/or support processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions, scope creation, and associate timelines
- Experience managing projects developing and/or deploying IT systems or infrastructure, software applications, or integrating new IT capabilities into existing environments.
- Experience implementing disaster recovery plan and back-up procedures
- Experience deploying and managing Meraki MDM and Okta SSO solutions
- Experience with developing and improving IT workflows and procedures that adhere to Enterprise and SOC2 security standards
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.