At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
What’s in it for you?
Change the way physical products are made
As a Product Manager, you know how difficult it is to develop products with long release cycles. This is the norm in hardware development today. With Fictiv, we use software to allow our customers to build prototypes faster, get more actionable feedback, and transfer those learnings directly to production manufacturing. You will have a direct role in shaping our product that is changing the manufacturing industry.
Work with inspiring customers
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to see and understand our customers at a deep level and make a difference to their work.
Work with manufacturing experts
Ever wonder how that widget you just bought was made? Talk with our manufacturing team and you’ll find someone that can take you down to the millimeter. We have some of the best minds that have helped bring your favorite products to life. Work with them on a daily basis to bring their expertise into our platform and business systems to make sourcing products from our distributed manufacturing partner network more efficient.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for delivering an amazing experience to our customers from initial signup, quotation, and purchase through order fulfillment on app.fictiv.com
- You will understand the pain our customers have, root out friction to deliver our service to them that solves that pain, and help them bring hardware products to market faster
- Drive experiments for product lead growth and marketing investments, ensuring we continually hone our user journey to drive conversion improvements
- Develop conviction around the problems we’re solving and bring those insights to the engineering team so together, you may bring world class solutions to the market
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and other company departments across the globe to identify product opportunities, develop hypotheses, and create high-impact solutions for our customers
- Partner with your engineering team in achieving successful outcomes by clearly communicating business needs, requirements, prioritizing backlogs, and removing friction from the product development process
- Create trust and transparency by communicating team progress and results to stakeholders; help the organization celebrate successes and learn from failures
- Work with the executive team on developing our long-term strategy and the entire PM group in the roadmap to achieve it
- 5+ years experience building software as a product manager, engineer, or designer
- Experience in balancing quantitative and qualitative studies to drive friction from user experience
- Data driven - ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions on where to invest and to measure progress towards goals
- Have focused time, working on customer retention or ecommerce conversion growth opportunities
- Skilled problem solver – you can break big problems into smaller, more manageable challenges and you’re comfortable making fast, high quality product decisions using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Articulate communicator – You can convey business pain and needs clearly with multiple stakeholders, and you bring those people together to deliver value.
- Have manufacturing or hardware product experience too? We just fell in love.
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.