Data Scientist, Deep Learning
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 17M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Data Science & Analytics team embodies these values and works with a laser focused objective to enable data driven decision making for both internal stakeholders and external partners. We are looking for a Deep Learning Specialist who can seize upon industry and academic research breakthroughs and transfer those results to real-world systems.
You will develop new machine learning algorithms that will help Fetch achieve scale on solving a diverse and challenging set of problems, which include fraud detection, UX personalization, A/B testing, data quality, document understanding, and more. Success in this role requires the ability to translate business needs to areas of ML research such as recommender systems, auto encoders, and graph neural networks, among others. This hire will be expected to implement these models with a high standard of technical quality, as the goal is to deploy these models to power Fetch’s products.
The ideal candidate:
- PhD or Master’s with equivalent experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other Quantitative field. Publication record is a plus.
- 2+ years of work experience in data science
- Fluency in Python and at least one ML framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, JAX, Keras, etc)
- Experience developing + deploying a ML model based on tabular data, such as Recommender Systems, Anomaly Detection, Bandit testing, Graph Networks.
- Entrepreneurial and big-picture bend of mind for applications of machine learning in a consumer tech world
- A penchant for fast prototyping and deployment and ability to pivot quickly to pursue impactful solutions
- Curiosity and passion for solving new problems with creative approaches
- Ability to successfully collaborate with both business users and engineers in solution development, deployment, and maintenance
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in CPG/Retail domain and/or analytics at app-based B2C companies
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks like Snowflake, Google Cloud, and AWS services
- Effective communication, ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
At Fetch, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 4% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including…
- Medical: preventative care covered at 100%, HDHP with employer-seeded HSA, free Telehealth, extensive mental health support
- Dental: Teeth whitening, adult orthodontia, night guards covered
- Vision: Allowance for glasses and contacts in the same plan year, discounts on laser eye surgery
- Family Planning Benefits: Partnering with Carrot which will provide partial coverage for egg retrieval, adoption, IVF, and surrogacy
- Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage at no cost to you
- Pets: Pet insurance fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Black at Fetch, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Husk Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Birmingham, or Chicago 1-2 times per week. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.