Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our Associate program is a paid opportunity that allows participants to contribute to the organization’s success while at the same time applying learnings from the classroom. Excel follows a hybrid work schedule and will offer each participant the opportunity to gain in-office experience for approximately 3-days a week with the ability to work from home for the remainder.
All Associates are expected to work 24-30 hours a week during the session. While each Associate will be working with a specific division, they will have the opportunity to learn about other areas within Excel, through lunch and learns held throughout the semester.
Our Summer Program runs from Monday, June 5, 2023, on, or around Friday, September 1, 2023
- 9:00 am‐6:00 PM ET, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor. Days in office must be coordinated with Advisor’s schedules.
Our Associates must:
- Be available to work 24-30 hours per week.
- Be available to report to the Los Angeles Location approximately 3-days a week.
- Be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC.
- Have a senior standing in college (must have completed your junior year of undergrad)
- Be enrolled in a graduate school
- Have a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree.
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview after the April 10th application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of April 24th
- The program will begin on June 5th with Orientation at 12:00PM ET.
Sales Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Sales/Partnership team in evaluating new sponsorship opportunities;
- Assists the Sales/Partnership team to manage and update company database & customer relationship management systems (CRM);
- Identifies new prospective companies for partnerships with ESM talent and shares individual rationale with team;
- Will learn how to develop and provide detailed briefs on companies across a variety of industries for prospective sales calls;
- Will learn how to service product requests by clients through value-in-kind partnerships;
- Routinely participates in contribution to expanding partnership team’s sales strategies;
- Will remain up to date with current sponsorship news & trends across all sports;
- Will be encouraged to collaborate and contribute creative marketing ideas to support sales outreach;
- Will gain an understanding of the complete sales cycle necessary for successfully securing athlete endorsements;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the partnerships group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
The pay for this position is: $17.00 per hour. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the California and New York City Salary Transparency Law.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.