Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our team is looking for an experienced marketing professional to support the Marketing Solutions function of our Brand Marketing department, including managing new business development and executing project based work. This person will serve as a liaison between Excel’s broader sales team and the Brand Marketing team, ensuring integration across key new business targets. This person will lead throughout the business development cycle, from leveraging and expanding their network to arrange introductory meetings to preparing presentation materials, drafting scopes of work, and coordinating new client onboarding with finance and legal. In addition to new business, this person will also support the execution of project-based work that will range from sports marketing strategy to negotiation and activation. This person will help create meaningful, strategic and inspiring brand activation platforms, concepts and consumer experiences.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supports the day-to-day management of Excel Sports Management (ESM) Brand Marketing’s marketing solutions team across all new business and project based initiatives;
- Understands all facets of Excel Brand Marketing’s service offering, including strategy, activation, measurement/analytics, creative, digital, social, and experiential;
- Leverages and grows network to result in increased conversations, pitches, and RFPs for Excel Brand Marketing to showcase its service offering;
- Manages Excel Brand Marketing’s business development targeting efforts, working with the broader sales team to identify existing relationships within the organization to support potential introduction;
- Leads the execution of select project-based work once a new project is secured;
- Manages flow of communication internally and externally surrounding any project-based work
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships that result in enhanced partnerships and increased ESM opportunities;
- Supports the direction and development of creative platforms and new consumer engagement activations across both new and future client sponsorship opportunities;
- Responsible for sustaining, managing and supporting the Brand Marketing team by reconciling budgets and providing on-going client updates;
- Manages teammates, up and down, across the group to ensure flawless client-service and a second-to-none agency experience;
- Conducts research, analysis and provides recommendations in an effort to gain greater knowledge of our industry, in support of client goals.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred;
- 7+ years of direct experience in sponsorship marketing or brand marketing strategy and activation at a brand, property or agency;
- Prior sports marketing business development experience preferred;
- Experience developing and implementing sponsorship marketing strategy and activation on behalf of client or company;
- Sports marketing and agency experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, properties and agency partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of the business development process for a creative marketing agency;
- Passionate about growing relationships and building truly disruptive sports marketing focused brand programs;
- Must have an existing network of brand relationships and a desire to expand and grow that network over time;
- Must be a curious marketer that has multi-channel experience across a variety of different disciplines;
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) who can drive and develop engaging brand narratives, both internally and externally;
- Must strive for the very best and be both willing and eager to go above and beyond for teammates and clients;
- Possesses self-awareness and is coachable, confident, curious, inquisitive, flexible and genuinely interested in learning a little more each day;
- An action-oriented, self-starter who loves being a part of a dynamic team, but also can generate a solid work product on their own;
- High expectations for our work and a strong sense of ownership, driving exceptional client outcomes;
- Has the ability to think strategically and creatively while identifying client needs and embodying a proactive, problem-solving approach;
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation;
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word with the skill and ability to build and lead the development of engaging client and new business presentations;
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to enhance efficiencies across the team;
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and morally sound, always focused on doing what is right for our clients.
The pay range for this position is: $90,000- $115,000 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.