Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This Coordinator will be instrumental in supporting the collective work of the Brand Marketing team, which includes advising our clients on their sports and entertainment sponsorship marketing investments by deploying our end-to-end solutions including strategy, negotiation, activation and analytics. This person will help create meaningful, strategic and inspiring brand activation platforms, concepts and consumer experiences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day management of Excel Sports Management (ESM) Brand Marketing clients across all sponsorship marketing and activation initiatives
- Build and maintain positive client relationships that result in enhanced partnerships and increased ESM opportunities
- Facilitate and support the daily client interaction across brand, property and agency partners to support the sponsorship function and associated programming
- Support the development of creative platforms and new consumer engagement activations across current and future client sponsorship opportunities
- Coordinate client-vendor relationships and necessary activation deliverables on behalf of clients
- Create activation briefs, recaps, event itineraries and staff plans
- Plan and support client status calls which include scheduling, preparing agendas, and creating/maintaining status documents
- Support the Brand Marketing team by reconciling budgets and providing on-going client updates
- Support teammates across the group to ensure flawless client-service and a second-to-none agency experience
- Conduct research, analysis and provide recommendations in an effort to gain greater knowledge of our industry
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in sponsorship or brand marketing strategy and activation at a brand, property or agency preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate about truly disruptive brand campaigns and enthusiastic about supporting the creative ideation process and developing engaging brand platforms
- Tenacity, curiosity, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences, both written and verbally
- Must strive for the very best and be both willing and eager to go above and beyond for teammates and clients
- Possesses self-awareness and is coachable, confident, curious, inquisitive, flexible and genuinely interested in learning a little more each day
- An action-oriented, self-starter who loves being a part of a dynamic team, but also can generate a solid work product on their own
- High expectations for our work and a strong sense of ownership, driving exceptional client outcomes
- Has the ability to think strategically and creatively while identifying client needs and embodying a proactive, problem-solving approach
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to enhance efficiencies across the team
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook with the skill and ability to build and lead the development of engaging client and new business presentations
The pay range for this position is: $58,500- $62,500 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.