About the role:
This is for an opening on Enova’s Application Platform Infrastructure team. Our team strives to take a customer-driven approach towards building internal platforms running Enova’s applications and services. Enova’s core platforms are built around Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, and AWS technologies in a hybrid cloud environment. The goal for these platforms is to provide a self-service interface for running services that abstracts away the underlying technologies. The day to day work of the team is built around feature improvements to these platforms, tool development to ease adoption, and supporting users transitioning onto the platforms.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage Existing and New AWS Infrastructure via Terraform
- Assist internal teams in onboarding onto Enova’s application platforms
- Triage and resolve issues related to onboarding onto Enova’s platforms
- Contribute to Terraform Module Improvement and Creation
- Manage and Improve Existing VM-based Infrastructure
- Add features and functionality to Enova’s EKS and Kubernetes platforms
- Develop tooling and services to ease adoption and maintenance of Enova’s platforms
- Collaborate across Enova to ensure our platforms meet the needs of our customers
We're excited if you have:
- 1+ years building and supporting application platforms or infrastructure
- Managed AWS Infrastructure with Terraform
- Updated virtual machine configuration and image management using tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, or Packer
- Written internal tooling or automation to reduce manual processes, we mostly use Ruby, Go, and Bash
- Experience with Containers or Kubernetes
- A desire to build internal platforms with a focus on self-service and ease of use
- An interest in open sourcing internal projects or contributing to open source projects
- A data driven approach to problem solving
About our Application & Platform Infrastructure Team:
The Application Platform Infrastructure team’s mission is to build, maintain and evolve the internal platforms running Enova’s applications. Our customers are engineers who work across the company in Software Engineering, Technical Operations, Analytics, and Infrastructure Technology. The ideals of these platforms are ease of use and self-service. We strive to remove ourselves from the process of actual deployment and development. Our team’s work revolves around GitHub in the form of pull-requests and GitHub issues used for our Agile and KanBan workflow. We have the autonomy and trust to drive these platforms forward as we think best. We believe in iterations and incremental improvement and try to avoid waiting until perfection to release.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.