What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be designing and implementing technical solutions to business problems. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to build the best systems for the problem at hand, learning from Lead Engineers and Architects, while mentoring junior developers. Most problems have multiple solutions and we need your expertise to figure out which one is best and drive to completion. In addition, you will work with Product Management, Analytics, and Operations to deliver business value.
Our most successful Senior Engineers are able to tackle a variety of tasks from designing microservices, operational issues, production debugging, risk mitigation and management, and the ability to pair with others outside of your immediate team in order to accomplish any task.
What you should have:
- Experience with any programming language, we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds
- Comfort building features integrating over an API
- Passion for crafting exceptional code, using open source technologies, and continuous learning
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects with varying priorities
- Buy vs Build acumen developed in previous roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Deployed software using Go, Ruby, Rails, Linux, Vue.js or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Containers such as Docker or Kubernetes
- AWS skills and/or Certifications
- Working knowledge of modern web standards
- Experience developing web applications
- Contribute to popular open-source projects (send us GitHub links!)
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.