Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Analytics Platform Engineer you will design, develop, test and enhance Enova’s internal tools that enable the Analytics team to seamlessly build, deploy and monitor analytical models. You will use cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to improve automated model building pipelines. Enova has built a world-class real-time decisioning platform to power our lending decisions and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to its continued growth and improvement by writing production quality code.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Use your advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test programs for custom tool development
- Support model releases to ensure they are quickly and accurately put into production
- Enhance Enova’s real-time decisioning platform by adding new functionalities
- Support and improve automated model training processes
- Provide operational support for the various custom tools used by our Analytics team
What you should have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- 1+ year experience providing operational support for high-availability low-latency production applications in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test customized tools. Knowledge of one or more of the following is preferred: Python, R, Mathematica
- Experience working with Linux/Unix, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS machine learning technologies (SageMaker, EMR, Glue)
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Knowledge of regression and machine learning techniques, with ambitions to learn more
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well both independently and in a team environment
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 70 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – This team focuses on building cutting edge risk, pricing, and underwriting models to optimize our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – Analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Marketing Analytics – The Marketing Analytics team is focused on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research, Architecture and Platforms - The RAP team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data. We are language agnostic, but primarily use SAS, Python, R, SQL and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.