How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
In this role, you will build technical solutions to help improve the scalability and performance of our data stores and our overall systems. As a Senior Engineer, you will focus on efforts that will provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data, such as our cloud based data warehouse and data pipeline initiatives. In addition, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of driving Enova forward with technologies and architecture patterns that will best serve the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with other teams in Software Engineering, Analytics and Infrastructure to implement new solutions.
- Serve as an advocate for best practices and standards for database related efforts, and work toward optimizing the interfaces between our applications and our data stores.
- Provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data.
- Mentor and develop other engineers through best practice knowledge sharing.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on database related technologies.
- Deep technical knowledge of SQL and database related technologies, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of relational database modeling principles and techniques.
- Exposure to various non-relational / NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience with service providers such as AWS.
- The ability to orchestrate and schedule tooling such as Jenkins, Airflow or Rundeck.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.