Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will build technical solutions to help improve the scalability and performance of our data stores and our overall systems. As a Senior Engineer, you will focus on efforts that will provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data, such as our cloud based data warehouse and data pipeline initiatives. In addition, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of driving Enova forward with technologies and architecture patterns that will best serve the business.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Collaborate with other teams in Software Engineering, Analytics and Infrastructure to implement new solutions.
- Serve as an advocate for best practices and standards for database related efforts, and work toward optimizing the interfaces between our applications and our data stores.
- Provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data.
- Mentor other engineers on best practices and patterns.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on database related technologies
- Deep technical knowledge of SQL and database related technologies (particularly PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of relational database modeling principles and techniques
- Exposure to various non-relational / NoSQL database management systems
- Experience with various service providers such as AWS
- Comfort with orchestration and scheduling tooling such as Jenkins/Airflow/Rundeck
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT, or related study
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.