What you'll be doing:
As a Sr. Release Engineer you will be overseeing technology changes introduced to the Enova production enterprise, from the software development teams as well as IT departments. You will work closely with all facets of the business, operations and technical teams coordinating software changes across multiple platforms. This role will give you visibility to a variety of stakeholders and allow you to improve the change control process and procedures.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
Your core priorities will be to:
- Lead and execute code deployments to production
- Monitor post-release key performance indicators
- Trouble shoot to diagnose and resolve issues in a Unix environment during and after releases
- Design and implement workflows and controls in our current tools to optimize code deployment processes in a secure (PCI/SOX) scalable infrastructure
- Analyze metrics and design new solutions to optimize deployment time, minimize errors, and maintain the stability of the environment
- Influence others to adhere to the Enova Change Management policy, training cross-functional teams into processes and systems
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field
- Experience with a programming language (Ruby or Go is a plus) and PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience analyzing data for trends and making recommendations based on findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at technical and non-technical level
Nice to have:
- Scrum Knowledge
- Experience with Git or any other version control systems
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with SOX/PCI
Change Management Team Overview:
Our mission is to ensure efficient, prompt and complaint handling of all technology changes to the Enova production environment. We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian Linux. Our technical operations team works with: Chef, Big Panda, New Relic and Jenkins.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.