Based in London, you will be responsible for shaping, building, and executing the marketing strategy for events within the LNG, Gas & New Energies Portfolio. This is a crucial time for the energy industry as it rapidly adapts and evolves to meet net-zero ambitions across the globe as part of the energy transition. dmg events is committed to playing a key role in bringing together the major stakeholders to meet critical decarbonisation goals.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing effective marketing strategies to promote delegate sales, exhibition/sponsorship sales across the LNG series. The ideal candidate will have keen multi-tasking and project management skills, an eye-for detail and creativity, in addition to being independent, analytical, and innovative in their approach to solo and team projects.
They will typically be assigned two to three events.
- Create and implement an integrated marketing campaign for the entire exhibition including exhibitor, delegate and visitor campaigns
- Develop marketing plan for lead generation and engage with each team to ensure optimum marketing for each aspect of the event
- Forecast and monitor entire budget, marketing timeline and media plan
- Use the full marketing mix to promote the exhibition and conferences in accordance with the marketing strategy from utilising below and above the line mediums including email, direct mail, PR, fax, social media, outdoor advertising, online advertising, trade and daily advertising, SMS, website, radio, search engine marketing and TV.
- Manage the clean, verification and build of the show database
- Utilise and manage digital tools (i.e., App, survey tool) to enhance campaigns.
- Ensure show websites are fully up to date with latest information. Manage the integration of any third-party modules (e.g. floorplanner, show APP, etc.) between suppliers.
- Coordinate the design, production and mail of all marketing collateral, including sales brochures, conference brochures, visitor tickets, post-cards, top line report, post-show report, print advertisements, web banners/emails, etc.
- Manage PPC campaign, with support of Digital Marketing Executive – review results and make recommendations.
- Provide onsite support to ensure the smooth running of marketing related activity (i.e. registration, press office, research, placement of branding and materials; sales stand).
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and knowledge: Marketing qualification is advantageous.
Minimum Experience: 2+ years in mid manager level marketing, but not strictly in event marketing
Job specific skills:
- Strategy creation and critical path analysis
- Experience in the use of databases in both mass and targeted direct marketing campaigns
- Experience managing the production of mobile apps and online registration systems
- People management
- Website user experience
- Budget management, including budgetary responsibility for decision making relating to a wide variety of potential marketing channels
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using an email service supplier (ESP) including setting up HTML & plain text emails
- Good leadership skills
- Practice good time management
- Be trustworthy, professional and reliable
- Demonstrate good teamwork with co-workers/peers
- Free access to onsite gym and medical facilities.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Access to benefits portal with hundreds of discounts on high street shops and restaurants.
- Monthly Social events with the rest of the team as well as Summer and Christmas parties
- Opportunities for travel across and work in our international events and office
- 25 Days annual leave
- Cycle to work and season ticket loans
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Eye care vouchers
- Enhanced family friendly packages
- Onsite canteen
We are an equal opportunities employer