Software Development Manager, Seattle, WA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you?
We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our growing Technology Practice in support of our clients. Software Development Managers maintain an operation knowledge of technical best practices while facilitating how work gets done across global teams of mixed technical resources including software developer, data engineers, and data analysts.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of technical resources to implement software development based projects
- Ensure the right roles are assigned to work
- Ensure the right quantity of resources are assigned to technical work
- Support the creative and marketing strategy teams in delivering excellent end-user focused user interfaces and experiences regarding technical requirements and implications.
- Help Rational and its clients deliver industry standard or better code bases
- Work with a Project Managers to maintain and delegate backlog items to technical resources (software developers, data engineers and analyst, QA/Testers)
- Drive clarity in requirements and generally keep the software development team unblocked and functioning efficiently.
- You will be responsible for the code quality of the other developers on your projects (you will be able to choose how you accomplish this)
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience developing the server side of a web application (business logic, data access, API) with either Node.js, .NET Framework, or .NET Core.
- A foundational understanding of how to web based marketing functions are executed such as Lead Generation forms, Web Analytics implementation, and programmatic email.
- Experience in cloud-based architectures (ideally Azure)
- Understanding of client/server architectures and microservices
- Strong communication skills and a propensity to follow up and follow through
- The ability to translate business requirements into quantifiable development tasks to establish level of effort
Who you are:
- You see and focus on the opportunity, not the hurdles.
- Well-rounded Professional. You have amazing communication and organizational skills along with high EQ.
- Self-sufficient. You get stuff done, you are able to work with little direct supervision but know when to ask for help.
- Collaborative to the Core. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a leader and member.
- Data Lover. You know your numbers and value the metrics behind the consumer story.
Designit is a results-oriented CX Solutions firm designing premium customer experiences. Each of our business practices are deeply rooted in delivering client success. We see ourselves as partners to our clients, and we invest in each of their business goals, ensuring that our work helps deliver on these goals. Client success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture.
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.