LEAD BLOG PROJECT MANAGER, Remote - Seattle
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for Lead Blog Project Manager with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
We are currently looking for a Lead Blog Project Manager to join the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Blog and Social. This world-class social team operates 100+ social media channels and 20+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Blog and Social ecosystem.
The Lead Blog Project Manager supports the blog work-stream, which executes strategic amplification of blog content. In this role, you will oversee a team of Blog Project Managers and Coordinators and drive digital marketing and blogging best practices in partnership with stakeholder teams. The ideal candidate is a skilled leader with a proven track record in the development of strategic communication plans to increase audience engagement and retention.
Would you like to...
- Drive work direction for team of Blog Project Managers and Coordinators
- Represent the Blog Team to Microsoft stakeholders and the broader Cloud Marketing Team
- Direct regular documentation updates and process improvements
- Serve as an operational subject matter expert by establishing, demonstrating, and sharing best practices with team
- Lead event delivery and staffing plan in coordination with client and Designit
- Contribute to performance reviews
- Oversee blog channel management related to current and incoming Cloud Marketing blogs
- Drive Cloud Marketing blog channels and social amplification strategy
- Define goals and objectives and set measurement framework
- Ensure alignment of editorial calendar across Microsoft stakeholders and teams
- Review content from contributors and edit to ensure proper messaging, grammar, format, styling, and alignment with established best practices and the Microsoft Writing Style Guide
- Partner with multiple stakeholder teams, including PR and product marketing to drive a consistent publishing cadence and blog traffic
- Leverage and present monthly performance data to inform content strategy and content recommendations
- Work with cross-functional contributors and stakeholders to curate blog content on a regular basis as directed by the blog strategy and associated editorial calendar
- Provide oversight of blog content consistent with marketing communications and blogging best practices
- Manage blog data and analytics tracking to measure success
- Responsible for program management and coordination through close work with blog contributors and stakeholders to ensure that delivery and execution aligns with expectations
We would like you to have..
- 3 – 6 years of experience in content management
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in managing a team
- Minimum of 3 years of copy-editing or marketing experience
- CMS platform management experience (including WordPress)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Outlook
- Experience presenting to internal stakeholders, providing recommendations to improve content and delivering KPI results
- Customer service experience preferred
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.