Data Engineer, North America
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Data Engineer with the passion and experience to build what matters – one project at a time.
The Data Engineer responsible for overseeing data engineering activities and aiding in building a robust data ingestion solutions and processing pipelines. The role of the Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by SME’s, data scientist and Business Intelligence deliverables
They will work with senior Management, technical and data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools. The Data Engineer strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
What you will do:
- Design, build, manage and optimize data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Develop, and manage data systems to ingest and process data at massive scale
- Collect requirements, design, and build backend components and tools to serve analytics models, receive feedback, and generate model statistics
- Collaborate with senior data science leaders and departments beyond the Global IT department in analyzing and understanding data sources, participating in design, and providing insights and guidance on database technology and data modeling best practices.
- Contribute to the evolution of coding and design practices within the organization, implementing ETL/ELT processes and building data pipelines
- Monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and lead partnership with other Data and Analytics teams to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Review code base commits and contribute to the professional growth of team members
- Lead and Participate in daily standups and lead design reviews.
- Breakdown business features into technical stories and approaches.
- Designs, architects, implements, and supports key datasets that benefit structured and timely access to actionable business insights.
- Implement efficient defect management, root cause analysis, and resolution processes.
- Collaborates closely with the business’s Data Science, and Data and Analytics teams, gathering technical requirements for data governance across the department and the business at large.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging data risks that stem from business activities, are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Experience with use of a wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Integrate data from third party vendors into the data warehouse, starting from interface file definition through the data loading process.
What you will bring:
- Desired 7 years database, data engineering or DBA experience
- Desired Commercial Finance data management experience
- Desired Life Sciences industry experience
- Nice to have: technical certifications in the area of data, AWS, Azure, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Snowflake.
Who You Are:
Data Lover. You know your numbers and value the metrics that can tell a powerful story.
- Influencer. Well-honed ability to influence at all levels, strong interpersonal skills and high EQ.
- Proactive. You are always thinking ahead about what is best for the Client and Team.
- Adaptable. Change happens at lightning speed; you are flexible and a self-starter.
- Self Sufficient. Comfortable with ambiguity, you take initiative but know when to seek guidance.
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.