PRODUCTION DESIGNER, AMERICAS
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
Production Designer's at Designit works with creative teams to execute a creative design. They utilize software to create or tweak commercial art in industries ranging tasks ranging from video, to advertising, to software design.
The Production Designer is the final checkpoint in the creative design process. They put the finishing touches on the art that really matters in the business world, establishing and maintaining your brand.
No matter the medium, Designit Production Designers are creative, computer savvy graphical experts. Whether it’s print production or digital design, these artists create a finished product that meets organizational branding goals.
Production Designers are under constant deadline and must have the ability to manage tasks under stress, they are skilled spot checkers, taste testers and quality assurers of graphics design.
Would you like to...
- Build and maintain design components and patterns for the team’s design toolkit and human interface guideline
- Review final copy, layouts and content in print or digital form.
- Ensure brand standards across color, font, production quality and more.
- Scale and crop, retouch, change layout and eliminate redundancy in copy.
- Move a concept from a paper sketch to a graphics design, print ad or video
- Work in a focused team collaborating with fellow designers, program managers, engineers, and researchers
- Work closely with Art Directors and Designers to produce impeccable assets for web, print, and media
- Help create a naming and organizational systems for high volume of creative assets
- QA and prep files for development or client hand off
- Implement client changes into existing design comps
- Update files for accessibility
- Localize existing design assets into multiple languages
We would like you to have...
- 3-5+ years of enterprise level production design experience
- Concerned with resolutions, color and size accuracies, production values, and must know the difference between CMYK and RBG, spot color and process, a vector or a raster – and much more.
- Excellent communicators and inter-departmental collaborators
- Ability to build and maintain a systemic and highly organized design library
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- A proven track record of effectively working with art directors, engineers, and PMs
- Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
- Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and have a point of view
- Possess a decisive bias toward action
- Desire to always put out the best work but never to hold it precious
- Strong point of view, but with the humility to truly listen and be flexible
- Commitment to promoting empathy within the organization
- Alignment with CX principles and practices
- Desire to learn as much as to teach and mentor
- Pioneering spirit and a positive, able attitude
- Roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person who leads by example rather than waiting for direction
- Great sense of humor
- No ego. We work as a collaborative team, and though we’re serious about our work, we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Curious about the world of design in all its facets
- Motion design experience
- Experience with localization
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices
- Expertise with digital interfaces whether it be an app or a website
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
*Looking for candidates who live in the Bay Are or that are currently in the Pacific Standard Time zone but willing to travel to Cupertino, CA when necessary. This position is not available for Visa sponsorship or C2C work.*
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.