SENIOR SOCIAL PROGRAMMING MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Senior Social Programming Manager with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
Our Senior Social Programming Manager will join the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Blog and Social. This world-class, highly visible social team of more than 70 people operates 100+ social media channels and 20+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, SQL Server and Security are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud + Microsoft 365 Social and Blog ecosystem.
The Senior Social Programming Manager supports the Editorial Calendar and Programming workstream, which executes social media content amplification across the Cloud + M365 Marketing ecosystem. In this role, you will strategically amplify content to promote user engagement, passion, and advocacy for Microsoft offerings, while also managing new social initiatives across the business.
The ideal candidate has impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the desire to accomplish daily tasks in a timely manner with strong focus and follow-through. This unique role is fitting for an innovative thinker who thrives in an ever-changing environment. A willingness to provide and receive constructive feedback from key stakeholders to help the team continuously improve is a must. This unique role is fitting for someone who wants to start a career in enterprise marketing.
Would you like to...
- Own and implement the content distribution strategy across social media channels and workstreams, such as events and announcements, blog, user support, and global engagement programs
- Review all content amplification requests from product marketing, engineering, PR, and other stakeholders:
- Ensure alignment with established copy and creative best practices, accessibility standards, and the Microsoft Writing Style Guide
- Determine which content gets amplified based on established criteria
- Field communications with stakeholders via email and meetings to make suggested content revisions and adjustments
- Partner with social media team members and stakeholders to provide tactical guidance and education on strategic content amplification
- Support the Editorial and Programming Lead by representing the team in key meetings, tracking progress on deliverables, and providing supplemental lead coverage as needed
- Serve as a mentor and train for Social Programming Managers to advise on the team on best practices in social content strategy and execution
- Create and schedule posts in Opal platform for social amplification
- Perform thorough quality checks on all social posts before they are published
- Own the Opal platform tagging structure and naming conventions for content to be published
- Participate in meetings with the Cloud Marketing Blog and Social Team to highlight priority content, discuss performance, and develop actionable insights
- Use performance reporting to make recommendations on amplification tactics, such as platform, time of day, and day of the week
- Deliver monthly editorial calendar plan to other Microsoft social teams via Opal
- Act as an audience expert for all Cloud Marketing social channels
- Maintain team best practices documentation
We would like you to have..
- 2 – 4 years in a client-facing role at a marketing agency or large corporate enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, or related field
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across disciplines
- Ability to present and pitch ideas effectively to team members and clients
- Customer service experience working in fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Outlook
- Experience with Opal platform is a bonus, though not required
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.