When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Business Operations and Strategy Manager to join our team based in our Melbourne Head Office. The primary role of the Business Operations & Strategy Manager is to help design the commercial strategy and implement key projects and processes within the commercial team. We are therefore looking for a passionate person to ensure long-term success with our partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Data analyses and deep-dives to support the commercial strategy and sales teams’ performance
- Creation, roll out & ownership of processes and tools to improve internal efficiency
- Being the link between HQ and the local team, which involves strong exposure on new projects initiation and new product developments
- Collaboration with the local ops and marketing teams to support ongoing initiatives
- Being the point of contact for the use of internal tools including, but not limited to, Salesforce, Deliveroo platform and DocuSign
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, with a strong set of organizational and communication skills.
You should also be:
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- A driven, hard-working and proactive individual able to work in a fast paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
- A problem solving lover able to bring innovative ideas and solutions
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Proficient in Excel, Google software and ideally Salesforce
- Previous work with commercial teams is a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.