At Google DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
This role sits within the People & Culture team which works together to maintain, optimise, and cultivate our culture to create the best environment in the world for advancing AI research. Specifically you would be in the Reward & Recognition team, currently a team of three based in London, but expanding into the US. You will be managed by the North America Lead (being hired), and collaborate closely with two other Partners in London.
Artificial Intelligence could be one of humanity’s most useful inventions. At Google DeepMind, we’re a team of scientists, engineers, machine learning experts and more, working together to advance the state of the art in artificial intelligence. We use our technologies for widespread public benefit and scientific discovery, and collaborate with others on critical challenges, ensuring safety and ethics are the highest priority.
As part of the newly formed Reward team in the US, you’ll be instrumental in delivering processes and programs in North America, (particularly in Mountain View, California).
- Provide advice and counsel to the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers through the offer negotiation process.
- Contribute to running our compensation programs that support our wider organisational philosophy while ensuring strong governance.
- Work with compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyse compensation outcomes.
- Communicate and partner effectively with our People & Culture and Talent Acquisition teams to provide insights to enable insights-led decisions.
- Contribute to developing and implementing reward and recognition frameworks for the full organisational structure at Google DeepMind.
- Contribute to compensation projects, owing major workstreams, such as modelling, project planning, communication or training in partnership with your direct team.
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of compensation programs, innovating and recommending changes to improve the effectiveness of our investment in total rewards.
In order to set you up for success in this role, we look for the following skills and experience:
- Experience working on compensation and annual cyclical processes such as compensation planning and promotions, as well as working on complex offers.
- Experience working in a tech company, preferably with a machine learning focus.
- Knowledge of the competitive talent environment in California and US regulations.
- Ability to run with a brief and deal with some ambiguity. When something you are working on changes, you adapt comfortably with a readiness to learn.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, with strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative in your approach to stakeholder management and experienced in partnering with Talent Acquisition teams and HR Business Partners.
- Highly organised with experience of managing your own workload across an array of activity and projects.
- Good communication skills, and a strong ability to build relationships across an organisation, instilling trust and creating understanding.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is between $108,000 - $166,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.