If you are interested in a career as a Research Scientist at DeepMind, and thrive on pushing boundaries and achieving ambitious goals, we’d love to hear from you. Register your interest here and we'll reach out with relevant opportunities as they arise.
Please specify location preference(s) when submitting your details.
At DeepMind, we've built a unique culture and work environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our special interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence, and we have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming year!
We’re a dedicated scientific community, committed to “solving intelligence” and ensuring our technology is used for widespread public benefit.
We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared freely. We don’t set limits based on what others think is possible or impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire each other to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals.
We constantly iterate on our workplace experience with the goal of ensuring it encourages a balanced life. From excellent office facilities through to extensive manager support, we strive to support our people and their needs as effectively as possible
Our list of benefits is extensive, and we’re happy to discuss this further throughout the interview process.
Research Scientists at DeepMind lead our efforts in developing novel algorithmic architecture towards the end goal of solving and building Artificial General Intelligence.
Having pioneered research in the world's leading academic and industrial labs in PhDs, post-docs or professorships, Research Scientists join DeepMind to work collaboratively within and across Research fields. They develop solutions to fundamental questions in machine learning, computational neuroscience and AI.
Drawing on expertise from a variety of disciplines including deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer vision, language, neuroscience, safety, control, robotics and multi-agent, our Research Scientists are at the forefront of groundbreaking research.
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes of perceptual processing.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet ambitious research goals.
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with our Ethics and Governance teams to ensure our advances in intelligence are developed ethically and provide broad benefits to humanity.
In order to set you up for success as a Research Scientist at DeepMind, we look for the following skills and experience:
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- PhD in machine learning, neuroscience or computer science.
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications, or deep neural network architectures.
- A real passion for AI!
At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.