The Technical Solutions Specialist is a Solutions Desk (Help Desk) support role and is a cornerstone of the greater Systems and Solutions team. As a member of the Solutions team, you are the first point of contact with the IT Department for the majority of the church and as such you have to command not only excellent technical and customer service skills, but the professionalism and initiative to get problems resolved quickly and efficiently. Delivering effective business communication should be second nature.
- Providing first and second level helpdesk support which includes receiving calls, opening and logging helpdesk tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved and routing/escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Responding to calls within agreed time limits, updating tickets for tasks completed and owning end-to-end customer support.
- Effectively prioritizing calls to ensure those that have greatest impact on the church are resolved first.
- Proactively seeking support from teammates and or leadership for calls that are about to pass their due dates, or where more experience is required in resolving a call.
- Installing and configuring both Apple Mac and PC hardware and software.
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware faults for Mac and PC.
- Replacing parts as required for both Mac and PC computers.
- Support remote offices, users and events.
- Part of on-call rotation.
- Continually updating technical skills, knowledge and participating in leadership and professional development opportunities.
- Serving in events that occasionally take place outside typical business hours (nights and weekends).
RELAVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Technology Support (IT/IS) role.
- Strong Mac OSX experience in an Active Directory environment.
- Experience imaging Apple and PC computers.
- Proven ability to document issue resolution for helpdesk knowledgebase.
Classification: Full-time, Salaried (non-exempt) position that will include weekends and some evenings.
Reporting to: IT Solutions Team Lead