We’re seeking passionate people to join our Information Technology Team who will help us fulfil our team’s mission which is based on Ephesians 4:12, “to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” The CFTech team is dedicated to implementing innovative technical solutions in support of Christ Fellowship’s campuses and ministry operations. We are a dynamic group of IT professionals who love Jesus, technology and its power to transform and reach regions beyond our own.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the design, delivery and operations of network and connectivity services. The Sr. Network Engineer must possess a broad view of both Information and Media technologies in order to successfully design, implement and support the next generation of network infrastructure. This is a full-time, Salary (exempt) position reporting to the Director of Information Technology and will include weekends and some evenings.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
We are looking for you to have:
- Minimum of 7 years in the engineering and operations of network technologies with advanced understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Strong knowledge with MPLS, BGP, OSPF, AT&T Switched Ethernet
- Experience in JunOS, IOS, Ruckus SmartZone, Network Toolsets and protocols (e.g. SNMP, SolarWinds, iperf, Nagios, PRTG)
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco switches and routers
- Proficient with delivering class of service/QoS over wired and wireless networks ensuring quality Voice, Video and Data for staff, guest and BYOD initiatives
- Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and identity management products and technologies such as 802.1x, 802.11x, SAML, and Radius
- Working knowledge of networked audio systems ie: AVB, Dante, A-Net is a plus
- Working knowledge of VMware, building and deploying VM’s as well as configuration management
- Experience with AWS cloud networking, specifically DNS and Route 53, load balancing a plus
- Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to create solutions to complex problems.
- Have strong organizational skills. Able to pay attention to detail while keeping big picture in mind. Able to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence
You will be looking over:
- The design, implementation and support of network systems that scale to support the transformation and growth of Christ Fellowship
- The reliable operation of systems and infrastructure by designing and implementing network, instrumentation and management tools in order to predict, quickly diagnose and resolve abnormal network behavior
- Routine hardware and software upgrades and configurations in line with industry best practices
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive network documentation
- Support of remote offices, users and events
- Management and collaboration with key network vendors and partners, both internal and external.
- Part of on-call rotation
- Continually updating technical skills, knowledge and participating in leadership and professional development opportunities
- Serving in events that occasionally take place outside typical business hours (nights and weekends)
- Provide mentorship to Junior Engineers
- Other duties as assigned
It would be epic if:
- You are excited to work in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere where everyone takes the mission very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously
- You see problem solving as its own reward
- Simplicity if your goal – forever striving towards that extra ounce of efficiency and continuous improvement
- You dream of dashboards for monitoring hardware and networks
- An automation fanatic who lives for eliminating repetitive tasks
- You play a musical instrument. Rocking out while playing air guitar will work too!
- Love the idea that your contribution to technology will change lives, seriously... what you do is that important