The Training and Development Specialist at Christ Fellowship works with ministry leaders to design, implement and manage training programs, performance management processes, pre-hire and leadership development assessments and tools. This position is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt role and reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ professional HR experience.
- Ability and experience in project management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with industry best practices in related areas; including processes, procedures and tools.
- Experience deploying and administering pre-hire and leadership development assessment processes and tools.
- Proficiency in industry software products including Microsoft Office software (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Project Management software (e.g., Asana), and Employee Engagement software (e.g., 15Five).
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams and communicating with senior leadership.
- Ability to work and serve well in partnership with other ministry leaders utilizing highly developed interpersonal communication (written and verbal), business acumen and leadership consultation skills.
- Manages the Employee Engagement system (15Five), including communicating with vendor, training staff and managers, monitoring involvement, developing analytics, and troubleshooting.
- Manages the 90-Day Performance Review process for staff in new roles, including maintaining database of staff eligible for reviews, designing the reviews using the performance management software, scheduling the reviews, communicating with staff and Managers, monitoring progress, and scheduling meetings with HR staff.
- Assists the HR Director in the design and plan of Performance Review cycles and leads the implementation of the review cycles.
- Supports HR Generalists with recruitment events.
- Works with leaders to identify organizational training needs based on skills, technical or process training requirements and develops new programs or modifies and improves existing programs.
- Facilitates training sessions for staff by scheduling training, communicating training to staff, identifying trainers, providing logistical support.
- Works with leaders to develop and implement a Health & Wellness program, including health-related training for staff and annual Health Assessment events.
- Manages staff certification records and schedules training for staff to maintain certifications, including coordinating with training vendors, managing the logistics, documenting certifications.
- Coordinates the execution of Onboarding Week, including training staff on Workplace Safety and the Employee Engagement system, overseeing logistics and hospitality.
- Assists in creating, distribution, and analysis of staff surveys using survey software (e.g., Survey Monkey).
- Assists in the planning of staff offices, including coordinating with departments to ensure that physical and environment changes to offices are executed according to office occupancy schedules.
- Reports and manages the Worker’s Compensation cases for all CF Staff. Analyzes loss data and provides reports to management.
- Helps leaders design, plan and implement development or performance plans.
- Designs, implements, evaluates and improves performance management processes.
- Works with leaders to design appropriate learning and development solutions and evaluate their effectiveness on individual performance and church goals.
- Builds and maintains volunteer team for hospitality support with HR events.