We’re seeking passionate, Jesus loving people to join our Belle Glade Team and spread the love and message of Jesus Christ with everyone they meet, with a belief that all students can be successful and deserve our best.
The Belle Glade Classroom Leader is a critical member of the Christ Fellowship Missions Team in Belle Glade and responsible for leading classrooms and outreach activities in and around Belle Glade. This is a part time, hourly (non-exempt) position working 25 hours per week and reports to the Associate Director of Belle Glade.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
- College educated in Education, Youth Development or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experienced working with youth and/or families or related.
- Experienced working in urban schools preferred.
- Able to speak Spanish or Creole (would be a plus).
- Comfortable and proficient in public speaking - making presentations that stay on message.
- Exceptionally organized with an operational and administrative mind – we run on Microsoft, checklists and dead lines.
- An influential leader who can relate well with volunteers, visitors, fellow staff, and staff of other youth organizations and school departments while smiling and encouraging the entire time.
- One who has strong communication abilities with a high capacity for prioritizing – we work at warp speed.
- A self-starter, problem solver and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess integrity, positive work-ethic, professional attitude and willingness to learn from all situations presented.
You will be:
- Managing 1 – 2 classrooms during program to teach reading and math skills
- Tracking and reporting reading/math literacy results accurately and in a timely manner
- Adhering to program schedule, policies, and structure
- Working directly with key school staff to coordinate activities and events and assure proactive communication and collaboration
- Supporting local volunteer recruitment through community interaction and phone calls.
- Comfortable using online tools, including Google Hangouts, Skype for Business, social media, data system, and general computer programs (word, excel)
- Receiving regular coaching, participate meaningfully and put learning into practice.
- Engaging parents, children and administrators in both a kind and professional way.
- Maintaining database of behavior and discipline to help create plans for improvements.
- Making local presentations and participate in community events to build awareness about the Life Center’s program.
It would be epic if:
- You really liked potato chips, pb&j sandwiches and strawberry cereal bars.
- You like to laugh…a lot.
- You like long car rides.