We're seeking passionate, Jesus loving people to join our Christ Fellowship Team to love on our families as we partner with parents to lead kids to love Jesus, love others and love life!
The Buddy Ministry Coordinator provides leadership and care for our buddies program for kids with special needs. You will work with families to meet the needs of kids with special needs, recruit and schedule buddies, communicate with parents, and ensure that buddies are trained and that kids are receiving appropriate support. This is a part-time, salary (exempt) position working 20 hours per week, including weekends, and reports to the CFKids Director at Gardens campus.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
What we’re looking for:
- College graduate, or degree in progress, preferably in special needs ministry or equivilant.
- Atleast 1-year leadership experience in recruiting, training and empowering a volunteer team to best support special needs kids.
- Experienced in working with kids with special needs, and their families.
- Ability to respond to parent questions and concerns while consistently remaining kind and calm
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Christ Fellowship.
- Passionate about sharing CFKids ministry vision with families in the church, people in the community, and volunteers.
- Able to connect quickly with people and communicate your passion to inspire and inform possible volunteers.
- Highly relational with an orientation towards empowering others and building strong teams.
- Passionate about valuing people and helping them discover their gifts and talents.
- A high quality, detailed worker requiring minimal supervision by prioritizing work and managing time effectively – you know how to work within the Stephen Covey priority matrix.
- Strong communicator with a high capacity for prioritizing – we work at warp speeds.
- Trustworthy with confidential information and able to maintain a high level of personal and professional integrity.
You’ll serve God and others by:
- Selecting, equipping, coaching, encouraging and empowering a team of Coaches and volunteer Buddies so that they are operating in their strengths, and thriving in their assigned roles on the CFKids team.
- Working alongside the Coaches team to implement the S.E.R.V.E. strategy to invite, equip, lead and encourage a Buddy Ministry volunteer team with the goal of meeting and exceeding the required number of volunteers-to-kids ratios during all weekend experiences.
- Maintaining an up-to-date roster of Buddies.
- Provide appropriate on-going training to Buddies on a case-by-case basis.
- Leading your volunteer team to develop relationships with families in keeping with the Orange strategy – and we don’t mean the fruit or it’s juice …
- Work with Area Coordinators to provide support to kids in classrooms who may need the partnership of a Buddy to be successful in our program.
- Communicate with the parents of kids who need or have buddies, following your Buddy application process.
- Set up initial contact between Buddy and the family, and explain the need for regular, ongoing communication between both parties.
- Ensuring that the proper implementation of curriculum, policies and procedures as directed by Core.
- Utilizing Planning Center as a primary volunteer communication and scheduling tool.
- Utilizing RightNow Media as a training resource, ensuring invitations to weekly training posts are sent out in a timely manner
- Capturing kid’s and family stories of life change – grab a box of tissues for this!
- Contributing to Core initiative development and implementation as directed by and in cooperation with Core CFKids Director and team.
- Attending weekly staff meetings and Department meetings, as directed.
The cherry on top:
- Can identify and influence the influencers.
- Are a student of leadership, special needs and family culture.
- Desire to work hard, are self-motivated and driven, enjoy learning and feedback.
- Have a big picture perspective, desiring the success of our entire organization while focusing on the part your play within that organization.
- Keep calm and in control in the midst of perceived chaos.
- Have a pair of warm, fuzzy slippers you wear at home all the time.
- Are comfortable having fun at church!