Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates is a top global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for its objective solutions to complex problems.
What we do
The CRA Energy practice works with clients in commercial and disputes settings to analyze complex economic questions, frequently centered on the Energy Transition. Economic consultants within the energy practice provide energy economics and finance expertise in commercial disputes between parties, regulatory matters within the energy sector, and the application of quantitative methods to support clients as they look to make investments or develop strategies in the energy sector. We are seeking candidates with advanced degrees and energy sector backgrounds that are interested in helping clients navigate these complex challenges. Position is based in Boston, MA.
- Performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative consulting tasks related to the development of expert reports in litigation, arbitration, or regulatory matters and deliverables within our energy advisory group.
- Developing expert reports and presentations to concisely, comprehensively, and accurately share findings with clients on complex matters.
- Presenting to senior- and mid-level staff of clients.
- Overseeing junior staff in the production of expert reports, presentations, and market analyses.
- Preparing and presenting thought pieces on relevant industry topics to demonstrating thought leadership.
- Supporting business development activities to identify and engage with potential new clients.
- Graduate degree in economics, business, finance, operations research, or engineering is strongly preferred
- Experience developing expert reports for commercial litigation, international arbitration, or regulatory matters preferred
- Strong interest in and knowledge of energy economics and finance
- Excellent presentation skills and writing ability
- Strong problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness
- Works well in a team environment, and willingness to provide mentorship and supervision to junior staff members
- Previous project and client management required
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. CRA values the health, safety, and wellbeing of our colleagues and will require proof of COVID vaccination for employment with CRA US offices (excepting cases of medical or religious exemption) and proof of vaccination for entry to our Toronto office. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.