About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to collaborate with and learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will join leading minds who use economic, financial, technical, and business analysis to solve complex problems for an impressive roster of clients, including 99% of the top 100 law firms, 89% of the Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies around the globe. CRA offers a collaborative environment, with teams who strive for client excellence by bringing curiosity, resourcefulness, and initiative to their work. Through a collegial atmosphere, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
This position is responsible for providing accurate and timely billing and customer care services for specific Officers in Charge (“OICs”) and Project Managers (“PMs”), including creating and editing client invoices through invoice delivery in a professional services environment.
- Prepares draft invoices for delivery, including but not limited to getting approvals, following-up, invoice adjustments, researching data, finalizing drafts, and submitting invoices in a timely manner via email or client-specified electronic billing system.
- Communicates with Executive Assistants (“EAs”) and Officers in Charge (“OICs”) as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring bills are in compliance with related client contracts.
- Responsible for obtaining the necessary approvals for write-offs and processing write-offs in a timely manner.
- Resolves billing issues and handles ad hoc billing requests.
- Works closely with project teams and Financial Administration to resolve complex billing issues.
- Reviews unbilled invoices for assigned OICs to ensure timely billing.
- Identifies potential issues with unbilled invoices and recommends reserves when necessary.
- Responsible for communicating concerns to the AR & Billing Manager.
- Various related special projects.
- 2-3 years of experience with time/expense management and fixed price billing, including e-billing, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience with MS Office (Word, Excel) and Oracle (or similar billing system).
- Able to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Oracle and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an interest in continuous process improvement.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.