About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
Consultants in CRA’s Energy practice have advised, researched, and published on energy matters for more than 20 years. Our clients include utility and energy providers, renewable energy firms and power producers, oil & gas companies, system and network operators and distribution companies, financial investors and asset managers and other players across the energy and infrastructure sector.
Our work in the energy industry has measurable impacts on the value of our client’s assets and investments and leads to more informed decision making across a variety of topics. We have advised on developing the structure of national and regional competitive markets, reorganised large international energy companies, testified in hundred-million-dollar damages litigation, and played a key role in several utility mergers and acquisitions that have taken place over the last decade.
The nature of our work provides our team with the opportunity to closely work, and collaborate with senior management, leading experts, and key decision makers in the energy sector while developing strategies, solutions and thought leadership at the forefront of the energy transition.
We are seeking a qualified candidate with relevant experience to strengthen our Management Consulting capability in our European team in London, UK or Munich, GER.
- Performing a broad range of management consulting covering tasks such as
- strategy development and execution
- business case development
- project management and delivery support
- business & economic analysis
- market and technology research
- quantitative and qualitative analysis
- M&A due diligence support
- Sustainability and net zero commitments
- Manage workstreams and work packages largely independently as part of a wider team
- Lead junior team members with support from senior project managers
- Work closely with clients including senior management, operational leadership, and key decision makers to provide advice and co-create solutions
- Present solutions and research independently to executive audiences
- Plan and facilitate workshops and other interactive work formats
- Develop and finalize deliverables ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Conduct interviews and other forms of direct data and insight sourcing
- Turn data and information into relevant insights and c-suite ready storylines
- 3- 7 years of experiance
- Strong academic record with relevant degrees - Master’s degree preferred
- Track record with a leading management or strategy consulting firm, ideally with advisory experience in energy, utilities, renewables, sustainability or infrastructure
- Interest in deepening expertise in and around the energy sector
- Proficiency in use of MS Office especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness
- Proven experience in project management and delivery, ideally in a context of business transformation or similar
- First-hand experience in working with senior executives and senior leadership teams as well as in end-to-end delivery of work packages or workstreams
- Experience with coding languages such as Python desirable
- Fluency in English (and fluency in German if applying for a position in Munich)
- Flexibility to travel as and when needed
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.