About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, corporations and governments around the world. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its combination of industry experience and rigorous, fact-based analysis that provide clients with clear, implementable solutions to complex business concerns.
CRA’s Labor and Employment Practice provides expertise and support in a wide range of litigation disputes involving employment processes such as compensation, hiring, promotion, termination, and the role of gender, race, ethnicity and age in employment practices. Our clients, which include preeminent law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies, come to us for our technical skills, rigorous analysis, and expert insight to understand all aspects of their employment data. We also assist employers by conducting proactive studies of employment and contracting practices, monitoring consent decrees and settlement agreements, and designing systems to track employment practices.
Associates work closely with senior consultants on project teams. Successful candidates have a strong working knowledge of financial, accounting, and economic concepts and a broad range of research and quantitative skills. A typical Associate would:
- Program, build models, and perform regression and data analysis in statistical analysis programs (either Stata, SAS, or R);
- Review, process, and construct datasets that serve as inputs to these analyses, including company time-keeping, applicant tracking, performance, and HRIS data;
- Perform labor market research to develop an independent fact base;
- Review and summarize client documents and third-party research to identify key information;
- Participate in analysis design, report preparation, and the presentation of findings;
- Ensure reliability of analysis through quality control review; and
- Participate in practice development activities (training, recruiting, knowledge management).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business Economics, Statistics or related analytic discipline;
- Up to 3 years of relevant work experience (up to 2 years with an earned MS) building and using data sets to solve client problems
- Recent graduates or individuals without directly relevant experience may be hired in the Analyst title;
- Solid working knowledge of economic and statistical concepts;
- Professional experience programming in statistical analysis programs, particularly Stata, SAS, R or Python;
- Command of a broad range of research and quantitative analysis skills (including strong Excel skills);
- Curious and analytic thinkers who bring creative approaches to non-standard problems;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration capabilities;
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- Resume – please include current address, personal email and telephone number;
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals;
- Transcript – may be unofficial version.
Career Growth and Benefits
- CRA’s robust skills development programs, including a commitment to offering 100 hours of training annually through formal and informal programs, encourage you to thrive as an individual and team member. Beginning with research and analysis skill building, training continues with technical training, presentation skills, internal seminars, and career mentoring and performance coaching from an assigned senior colleague. Additional leadership and collaboration opportunities exist through internal firm development activities.
- We offer a comprehensive total rewards program including a superior benefits package, wellness programming to support physical, mental, emotional and financial well-being, and in-house immigration support for foreign nationals and international business travelers.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we realize that individuals realize a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 days a week on average working in the office (which may include traveling to another CRA office or to a client's location), with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team. At certain times of the year (e.g. holiday periods), additional remote work options are offered to those whose work commitments permit it, although our offices remain open for those who choose or need to be there.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.