About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex real world problems for an impressive roster of international clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
What we do
The purpose of CRA’s Energy practice is to provide consulting services to support clients navigate the energy transition with expertise and advice that is objective, grounded in economics, evidence-based, client-focused, and fully defensible. Our work typically includes:
- Analysis of energy markets;
- Economic assessments of policies and regulations impacting decisions at the plant, regional, national and supranational levels;
- Support to corporate and asset management clients in making and executing significant strategic and operational decisions across organizations;
- Expert reports and testimony for energy-related litigation;
- Commercial strategy development and execution;
- Merger, acquisition, and divestment planning; and
- Assessments of market potential for renewable and unconventional energy technologies and solutions
Ahead of the COP26 conference in November 2021, CRA’s Energy Practice launched a global campaign – The Road to COP26. Our team have shared research and insights on key COP26 themes including clean road transport, the energy transition, and finance, as well as hosting a series of events to encourage conversation and debate in the field.
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press;
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings;
- Analysing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and statistical programs;
- Conducting industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies;
- Helping in the development and refine business strategies (including for retail, solutions, distributor, and renewable generation businesses), and assist with presenting the strategies in calls/presentations with client leadership;
- Supporting clients to implement strategic change initiatives; and
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses.
We’re looking for energetic, highly motivated candidates with a strong interest in the energy industry. We place high value on research experience, analytical, presentation and communication skills, and strong writing ability. We expect entry-level Analysts to learn quickly; apply prior knowledge to current situations; solve problems; prioritize tasks; and communicate well with peers, senior staff, and clients. The successful applicant may be required to spend significant time working at client sites, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively communicate complex ideas to all levels of the client organization.
We will accept applications from candidates with an undergraduate degree or at the Masters level.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.