We believe in a world where homes are owned by regular people. Our mission is to provide authentic belonging experiences, empowering residents to become homeowners and homeowners to be financially free.
Belong is changing what it means to rent a home by putting people first. It’s where hospitality meets consumer real estate—and it’s about to redefine an entire industry. We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), GGV Capital, Battery Ventures, and Fifth Wall just to name some of our all-star investors.
Have you been looking to join an early-stage startup? Are you looking for a fast-paced environment where your voice matters? Then, Belong is for you!
We are seeking world-class, motivated, and passionate individuals for our Platform Engineering team. You will be working closely with our product team and business stakeholders to build great software.
As we are building our core backend services, we are seeking an experienced Backend Engineer to take on the challenge of solving complex technical problems to deliver robust, performant, scalable, and secure web services. As an early member of this team, you will co-create all the infrastructure and processes with the team. Our core product experiences are written in C# and the latest .NET Core stack. You should also be comfortable evaluating and exploring new technologies and runtimes.
- 4+ years of experience building web-based applications, REST APIs using .NET Core, C# stack.
- Experience with writing code for large, high-volume web platforms.
- Experience with relational database development (preferably SQL Server) from schema design to writing complex, optimized queries.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, continuous integration, and continuous deployment systems.
- Experience with cloud services (preferably AWS).
- Experience with front-end development (preferably React) is a solid plus.
- Detail-oriented and excited to learn new skills and tools.
As you join, you will work closely with our backend engineers to understand the existing product and the API services. You will dive deep into the architecture, database design, and deployment systems.
You will start to get familiar with the codebase by building smaller features, participating in code reviews, and involving in design discussions with other backend and frontend engineers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.