Bardel is currently recruiting for talented 2D Harmony Shot Finaling Artist to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team on a 2D and 3D hybrid show. Working alongside the compositing team, this person will be working under the direction of the CG supervisor and production team. Shot Finaling Artists will create high quality line work animation while simultaneously meeting TV Animation production deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Add extra expression and emotion to the 3D animated characters by animating extra lines on them
- Cleanup and beautify toonlines from renders
- Work with colleagues and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
What you bring with you:
- 1+ years of TV / Film animation production experience
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- Experience working with Toon Boom Harmony required; Nuke knowledge is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Extra points if you have:
- Experience in compositing, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Recognized higher education qualification in animation, film or a related field
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
How to apply:
Please fill out the application below or visit our Job Portal (https://boards.greenhouse.io/bardelentertainment) to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.