Aspire is the leading all-in-one finance operating system for growing businesses in South-East Asia. We are on a mission to reinvent business finance for a new generation of entrepreneurs and business owners, empowering startups to realise their full potential.
Founded in 2018 by former Lazada founders and executives, Aspire has raised over USD 200M+ across equity and debt from world-class investors. To power our solutions we have partnered with some of the best companies in the world such as Visa and Wise.
In 2020 we were awarded Hottest Startup by Singapore Business Review and Finalist MAS Fintech Awards, and in 2021 were named in LinkedIn’s Top 5 Startups to work for in Singapore.
You will be amazed by the energy and experience of our team. We are a team of ex-entrepreneurs, ex-founders, and high-achievers with international backgrounds. We team up to reach the highest standards in what we do, and don’t take NO for an answer.
We are expanding rapidly. Are you a top talent? Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Join us and make an impact in the fintech space.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly passionate individual to join our dynamic, fast growing team in Indonesia. Directly reporting to the Group CFO, the Finance Senior Manager / Manager will oversee the activities of a team of people covering accounting, tax and treasury for our subsidiaries in Indonesia.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee all aspects of financial accounting and reporting including financial procedures and controls, financial period close, financial statement preparation, and monthly management accounts and analysis
- Oversee the financial systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth and drive controls, efficiency and accuracy of all financial reporting processes
- Oversee the financial operations of the company, including but not limited to payments services processes, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Partner with relevant stakeholders such as legal, compliance and product team to advise on new product or market launches from an accounting and tax perspective
- Direct and participate in the preparation of all the workpapers for the audit on a timely basis including all memos for any relevant areas
- Build and evolve upon our existing internal controls and processes to ensure accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data and the safeguarding of assets
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and accounting/tax advisors
- Review all tax filings and become familiar with all tax deadlines to ensure compliance
We would love to get to know you if you have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance /Accounting and Certified Public Accountant
- Preferably with experience working in one of the Big 4 firms
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in Financial Services, Fintech and Credit businesses is a strong plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth Fintech start-up
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, rules and regulations
- Strong experience in Accounting software
- Strong technical accounting expertise, consolidation and understanding of IFRS
- Ability to develop and implement effective accounting policies and financial controls
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Highly proficient in Excel, knowledge of other MS office applications
- Proven team player, hands on and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects/assignments
Please note: by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aspire’s Data Protection Policy for Employees, Freelancers, Contractors and Job Applicants (the “Policy”), and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Aspire for the purposes set out in the Policy. You may withdraw consent for such collection, use and disclosure, and make an access or correction request in respect of your personal data, in accordance with the Policy by emailing email@example.com.