The mission of Arkose Labs is to create an online environment where all consumers are protected from online spam and abuse. Recognized by G2 as the 2023 Leader in Bot Detection and Mitigation, with the highest score in customer satisfaction and largest market presence four quarters running, Arkose Labs offers the world's first $1M warranties for credential stuffing and SMS toll fraud. With 20% of our customers being Fortune 500 companies, our AI-powered platform combines powerful risk assessments with dynamic threat response to undermine the strategy of attack, all while improving good user throughput. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with employees in London, Costa Rica, Australia, India, and Argentina. Arkose Labs protects enterprises from cybercrime and abuse.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to grow our team in the US. This team is responsible for managing & administering Arkose Labs Cloud environment. You will be part of a growing team that builds & deploys high-performance global platforms.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on one of San Francisco's highest-traffic SaaS services running at a global scale, serving ~500 million requests per day and increasing
- Work on building highly available, zero downtime, distributed software systems to help combat fraud
- Deployment of cloud services that are scalable
- Help build software that spans from the browser all the way down to analytics data pipelines - our engineers work to support a dedicated data science/blue watch team
- Work with a team of platform engineers managing Arkose Labs cloud environment.
- 8+ years of Infrastructure experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with writing, running, and managing containers and container orchestration systems (Kubernetes)
- Experience managing Linux applications within a cloud environment (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with AWS services including VPC, Subnets, IAM, S3, RDS, and EKS.
- Experience managing high-traffic, geographically distributed, highly available, production web applications
- Solid understanding of network & security concepts including strategies leveraging cloud-native capabilities
- Strong knowledge of SDLC concepts and methodologies.
- Focus on open source, Linux-based software/services and tooling
- Experience with agile development (Scrum/Kanban)
Nice to have
- Have already come from a well-oiled platform team
- Familiarity with other cloud services (Azure, Google Cloud).
- Have experience managing large data pipelines
Why Arkose Labs?
Join an early-stage, fast-growing startup with pioneering technology built by passionate and ambitious people.
Work with some of the biggest names in the market, such as Microsoft, Paypal, EA, Github, Twitch, Roblox, Twilio, and Minecraft!
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high-performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary + Equity401k plan with company match
- Robust benefits package- 90% medical, dental, vision coverage for employees and 75% for dependents
- Flexible PTO
- Life insurance coverage
- Flexible working hours to support personal well-being and mental health
- WorkLifeMatters Employee Assistance Program
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employees of Arkose Labs are required to comply with its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which includes individual vaccination requirements for U.S. in-office attendance and/or travel to any U.S. company-sponsored events. If any travel or in-office attendance is a required part of the position to which you are applying, you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccinated status as a condition of accepting employment with Arkose Labs.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $170,000.00 to $190,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience, and other qualifications as well as the candidate’s location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.