The mission of Arkose Labs is to create an online environment where all consumers are protected from online spam and abuse. Recognized by G2 as the 2023 Leader in Bot Detection and Mitigation, with the highest score in customer satisfaction and largest market presence four quarters running, Arkose Labs offers the world's first $1M warranties for credential stuffing and SMS toll fraud. With 20% of our customers being Fortune 500 companies, our AI-powered platform combines powerful risk assessments with dynamic threat response to undermine the strategy of attack, all while improving good user throughput. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with employees in London, Costa Rica, Australia, India, and Argentina. Arkose Labs protects enterprises from cybercrime and abuse.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer, with experience in data storage and pipelines, to join our Data team.
Handling massive volumes of data for Arkose’s platform needs is a critical area and we are looking for someone who can be hands-on in supporting our data products and services across the company.
As a data engineer in the Data team, you will be complimenting our existing expertise in Data Modeling/Warehousing and Data pipelines, to help fill a crucial gap by writing code to support the data pipelines and data flows. You will help support existing products as well as work on building new ones.
Being part of a fast-moving company, this position will require being an independent-thinker and ability to own projects, including development of greenfields projects end-to-end.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing services and products to enable functioning data flows across the company
- Developing and supporting stream and batch pipelines that power Arkose’s AI/ML and advanced analytics platforms
- Developing and supporting event-driven pipelines using extract, load and transform (ELT) architecture
- Developing and supporting analytics engineering efforts to build analytics models for internal and external users of data
- Providing hands-on support for our existing data products including: SQS, Kafka, Airflow, Athena, and for all of our data users
- Installing and configuring data services to ensure functionality
- Improving system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Encouraging change, especially in support of data engineering best practices, and maintain a high standard of excellence
What we want from you
- 3+ years of production experience in designing, creating and maintaining data-driven business solutions and solving big data problems using a wide variety of technologies and modern architectures
- Experience implementing and maintaining distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at Million+ of QPS and in batch and real-time
- Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools, at least one of: Python, Golang, NodeJS
- Strong knowledge of SQL and data concepts, including experience in using a big data warehouse (e.g. AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Spark, Trino, Databricks)
- Knowledge in data quality concepts, data profiling and cleansing techniques.
- Interpersonal skills to work alongside diverse stakeholders in a global company across multiple timezones
- Experience in Linux or unix-like environment
- Experience in CI/CD tools and technologies and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Github Actions, Azure DevOps)
- Experience in Apache Airflow, or Amazon MWAA is highly desirable
- Experience in Apache Kafka, or Amazon MSK is a plus
- Experience in data lakes and data warehouses is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
Why Arkose Labs?
Join an early stage, fast growing startup with pioneering technology built by passionate and ambitious people.
Work with some of the biggest names in the market, such as Microsoft, Paypal, EA, Github, Twitch, Roblox, Twilio, and Minecraft!
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary + Equity
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employees of Arkose Labs are required to comply with its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which includes individual vaccination requirements for U.S. in-office attendance and/or travel to any U.S. company-sponsored events. If any travel or in-office attendance is a required part of the position to which you are applying, you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccinated status as a condition of accepting employment with Arkose Labs.