The mission of Arkose Labs is to create an online environment where all consumers are protected from online spam and abuse. Recognized by G2 as the 2023 Leader in Bot Detection and Mitigation, with the highest score in customer satisfaction and largest market presence four quarters running, Arkose Labs offers the world's first $1M warranties for credential stuffing and SMS toll fraud. With 20% of our customers being Fortune 500 companies, our AI-powered platform combines powerful risk assessments with dynamic threat response to undermine the strategy of attack, all while improving good user throughput. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with employees in London, Costa Rica, Australia, India, and Argentina. Arkose Labs protects enterprises from cybercrime and abuse.
Engineering at Arkose Labs is going through an exciting transformation to massively scale up the business. We’re looking for an exceptional technical leader with experience in stream processing architecture using frameworks like Apache Flink to help shape our product and meet the hyper growth needs of our business. If you embrace the challenge of positively influencing cross functional teams to move towards modern and scalable architectural design decisions, then this position is for you. An ideal candidate is someone who is hands-on in solving complex software engineering problems, while at the same time savvy enough to understand the business needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Achieve a deep knowledge of Arkose’s product architecture, data flows, usage patterns, and customer scenarios to become a technical authority for overall architecture.
- Understand and help evolve our current architecture to use stream processing and design of the product to meet scaling needs of the business.
- Strike the right balance of meeting the growing demands of the business along with making sensible architecture decisions.
- Take lead on projects with little to no additional direction from engineering/product leadership, drive and help track them to completion if needed.
- Partner with fellow architecture leads, eng management, and product management on project requirements, designs, and development plans.
- Provide technical leadership across multiple product areas, and provide recommendation to senior leadership.
- Keep product quality, operating cost, and reliability top of mind by keeping those as core tenets to architecture.
- Mentor engineers at all levels and partner with Engineering leadership in fostering a nurturing culture that focuses on innovation and execution.
- Bring creativity and passion to influence the strategic direction of our technology and products as well as mentor other members of your team
What we want from you
- 15+ years of engineering experience focused on application development (or Masters and 12 + years related experience).
- Deep, technical understanding of application development in the cloud, with hands on experience making trade offs and data driving design decisions.
- Production-level experience using stream processing architecture and frameworks like Apache Flink.
- Production-level experience developing cloud-native distributed systems processing very high volumes of traffic and data at scale.
- Strong knowledge of web/HTTP concepts and methodologies - DNS, TLS, browser caching, CDNs (e.g. Cloudflare/CloudFront)
- Adept at thinking at a high level catering to the business needs, as well as going very deep into a specific technical area.
- Have shown strong customer focus and working backwards from their needs
- Led the architecture of successful, large scale SaaS products and delivered exceptional business outcomes in cloud environments.
- Mentored senior and/or staff engineers to get them to the next level.
- Expert proficiency with Golang and familiarity with Python/Go..
- Good understanding of the SDLC ranging from architectural reviews, technical design deep dives, implementation, testing, CI & CD.
- Familiarity with A/B testing, blue-green environments and canary deployments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to cyber security and fraud prevention industry verticals and technologies a plus.
Why Arkose Labs?
At Arkose Labs, our technology-driven approach enables us to make a substantial impact in the industry, supported by a robust customer base consisting of global enterprise giants such as Microsoft, Roblox, OpenAI, and more. We’re not just a company; we’re a collaborative ecosystem where you will actively partner with these influential brands, tackling the most demanding technical challenges to safeguard hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Why do top tech professionals choose Arkose Labs?
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Our high-efficacy solutions, backed by solid warranties, attract leading, global enterprise clients.
- Innovation and Excellence: We foster a culture that emphasizes technological innovation and the pursuit of excellence, ensuring a balanced and thriving work environment.
- Experienced Leadership: Guided by seasoned executives with deep tech expertise and a history of successful growth and equity events.
- Ideal Size: We’re structured to be agile and adaptable, large enough to provide stability, yet small enough to value your voice and ideas.
Join us in shaping the future of technology. At Arkose Labs, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of a visionary team driving global change
The most recognizable brands in the world select Arkose Labs, including OpenAI, Roblox, Microsoft, Adobe, Expedia, Snapchat, Zilch, and ZipAir.
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high-performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Robust benefits package
- Provident Fund
- Accidental Insurance
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.