The mission of Arkose Labs is to create an online environment where all consumers are protected from online spam and abuse. Recognized by G2 as the 2023 Leader in Bot Detection and Mitigation, with the highest score in customer satisfaction and largest market presence four quarters running, Arkose Labs offers the world's first $1M warranties for credential stuffing and SMS toll fraud. With 20% of our customers being Fortune 500 companies, our AI-powered platform combines powerful risk assessments with dynamic threat response to undermine the strategy of attack, all while improving good user throughput. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with employees in London, Costa Rica, Australia, India, and Argentina. Arkose Labs protects enterprises from cybercrime and abuse.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Quality Assurance Engineer specializing in security for our SaaS company. As a crucial member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring the robustness and integrity of our security-focused software solutions. Your expertise in testing methodologies and automation will be instrumental in safeguarding our customers' sensitive data.
- Write functional and performance tests using programming languages like Golang, Java or Python that leverage in-house systems/frameworks and commercial tools for a complex, multi-tiered cloud-based system.
- Define standards for tools, technology and processes for the test process of microservices.
- Test Restful API and gRPC API
- Generate test data in Redis, S3 and DynamoDB
- Integrate tests in GitHub workflows
- Design and execute comprehensive test strategies, plans, and test cases to evaluate the security of our SaaS products.
- Collaborate closely with development and security teams to understand project requirements and identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks to efficiently perform security testing, including penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
- Conduct rigorous security testing, analyzing results and providing detailed reports to stakeholders.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to address identified product feature and security issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Continuously enhance testing methodologies, tools, and processes to stay up-to-date with evolving security threats and best practices.
- Mentor and guide junior test engineers, sharing your knowledge and expertise in security testing.
- Stay informed about the latest security trends, technologies, and regulatory requirements to make recommendations for improving our security practices.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Proven 5+ years of hands-on automation testing experience testing backend applications RESTful API/Services/Microservice, focusing on security testing in a SaaS environment.
- Must have programming skills using Java, GoLang,Python or similar to write test scripts
- Strong understanding of security principles, best practices, and common vulnerabilities, such as OWASP Top 10.
- Proficiency in designing and executing security-focused test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Hands-on experience with security testing tools and frameworks, including penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST, or SOC 2.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to identify and assess security risks.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and security experts.
- Experience with test automation tools and scripting languages.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with databases and capability to generate complex database queries.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Relevant certifications, such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), are desirable but not mandatory.
Why Arkose Labs?
Join an early stage, fast growing startup with pioneering technology built by passionate and ambitious people.
Work with some of the biggest names in the market, such as Microsoft, Paypal, EA, Github, Twitch, Roblox, Twilio, and Minecraft!
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employees of Arkose Labs are required to comply with its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which includes individual vaccination requirements for U.S. in-office attendance and/or travel to any U.S. company-sponsored events. If any travel or in-office attendance is a required part of the position to which you are applying, you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccinated status as a condition of accepting employment with Arkose Labs.