Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Technology is foundational to all of Appnovation’s offerings, from consulting to digital innovation, to digital product and service creation. The technology department is focused on delivering software solutions that enable rich consumer experiences, from mobile and web applications to advanced analytics and machine learning, to content and engagement management service enablement platforms.
Inherent throughout our tech capabilities is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, a drive for creativity, a passion for the craft, and collaboration with other disciplines - all foundational ingredients in successful digital experiences and client partnerships.
As a Senior Developer, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, building web and mobile applications as well as providing strategy consulting for Appnovation’s clients. We are looking for people who can bring a strong, consulting and solution focused mindset and contribute to architectural decisions, best practices and get things done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience in software engineering, web and/or mobile development experience, 2+ years preferably as a frontend lead
- In-depth experience with Drupal 8 & 9 in a frontend capacity
- Experience working with HTML5 and CSS3, responsive design, flexbox, SCSS, SASS or LESS
- Proficiency building web components (for e.g. custom elements, shadow dom)
- Experience with making sites accessible
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools (eg. Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Serverless Architecture, preferably AWS.
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of other CMS a definite asset (e.g Wordpress)
- Experience with React, (Next.js or Vue.js a definite asset)
- Experience with third party UI libraries (e.g. PrimeVue, Bootstrap, Material UI)
- Experience with PHP frameworks
- Experience with storybook preferable
- Understanding of Node.js
- Understanding of RDBMS and NoSQL databases. (for e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with TDD
Who you are:
- You think about how to scale, automate and operate, not just how to build a solution to an immediate problem
- You understand lean thinking
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability and security and seek continuous improvement
- You have led a team of junior developers and coached them
- You have solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- You have customer first mindset and a devotion to customer service
- You engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the organization
- You are responsive and thrive in a fast-paced diverse high-performance environment with rapidly changing business needs
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- You have prior experience in consulting
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.